The Discovery Center was moved to the old Armory (Tuscawilla Youth Center) in 2009. At that time the ground floor of the building was renovated to facilitate the continuation of the educational opportunities offered to the public. The move to Tuscawilla Park has been advantageous for the DC in view of the fact that our programs, camps, and visibility are growing.
For many years the upstairs, approximately 5,000 square feet, of this 1941 building was used as a basketball and volleyball court. Long range plans offer this valuable space to become fully operational once again.
The fund raising efforts of our local Rotarian Partners and the Discovery Center Foundation members are certain to stimulate momentum in the transformation of the upstairs into a facility that will be used to house traveling exhibits, educational gatherings, and support the need for a strong, stable anchor at Tuscawilla Park.