Angler’s Resort was built in 1950, with the motel rooms added in 1957. It is on the banks of the beautiful Withlacoochee River, near the mouth of the Rainbow River, in the small town of Dunnellon, Florida.
Ownership of the resort has expanded now to include Capt. Bob and Dallise Jewett, as well as Capt. Jon Semmes and Ingrid Ellis. We’re excited about the new partnership, and have been working on many improvements and renovations to better serve our customers, including the addition of The Blue Gator, a tiki bar & restaurant, offering great food, cold beer, a relaxing atmosphere, live music, and good times.
Angler’s Resort offers nine refurbished motel rooms, most with kitchenettes; a full service fully renovated bait and tackle shop; kerosene and propane; boat rentals, including pontoon, jon boats, canoes, and kayaks; fishing guide service; airboat tours, and pontoon boat river tours for those who want to witness the beauty of the rivers.
There are lots of activities available in and around Dunnellon, including:
- Take a Singing River Tour with Capt. Jon Semmes
- Take an airboat tour With Capt. Bob of Captain Bob’s Airboat Tours
- Rent a canoe or kayak
- Shop in Dunnellon’s historic district, where you’ll find gift shops, antique shops, a Florida bookstore, craft shops, and more
- Relax at Dunnellon’s City Beach or the nearby Fort Island Gulf Beach in Crystal River
- Visit Rainbow Springs State Park
- Play golf at the many nearby public golf courses
- Visit the Crystal River Archeological Park
- Visit the Silver Springs Attraction